Yet more on the nazis, pt. 2 New: info on Euthanasia.

Gebietcommissar Hans-Werner Otto (* 28. August 1908 in Breslau; † 2. Januar 1977) war ein deutscher Jurist, NS-Beamter und Staatssekretär. In April 1942, Otto was transferred to the Reichskommissariat Ukraine and was in may substitute Red Army General in Nikolayev. In January 1943, he assumed the post of the area Commissioner in Nikolayev.[3] Otto left Nikolaev in March 1944 just before the reconquest of the city by the Red Army. From August 1944 to May 1945, he was in the rank of a sergeant in the army, among the 5th Mountain Division.

Ernst Duschön (born May 13, 1904 in Greenstone, Gefrees; now – June 22, 1981 in Düsseldorf) was a Reichstag for the NSDAPDuring the war against the Soviet Union was Duschön District Commissioner in the District of Pjatichatka and Krivoy Rog city of the General District of Dniepropetrovsk in the Reichskommissariat Ukraine. With the withdrawal of German troops, he returned to East Prussia in 1944 first. Later, he was in Germany after Berlin and then at the beginning of 1945 in the West.At war’s end, Duschön was apparently temporarily captured by Allied troops and interned. Since the 1950s, he lived in the Rhineland; at times, he worked in a chemical plant in Leverkusen. The Belarusian police took on a secondary role in the first stage of the killings The role of Belarusian Auxiliary Police in killing Jews became particularly noticeable during the second wave of destruction, starting in February–March 1942. Altogether, 2,230,000 people were killed in Belarus during the three years of German occupation

Obersturmbannführer Hans Siegling – which lead dozen of anti-partisan operations in Belarus since 1941 and was a commander of the 57 Schutzmannschaft regiment. By end of June 1944 Curt von Gottberg issued an order to create a brigade which by 20 July 1944 was nominally formed and named as “Schutzmannschaft-Brigade Siegling”. The formation of the brigade’s 4 regiments was nominally complete by 31 July 1944 –all 4 regiments were named after their commanders were stationed at that time at different place: 1-st Regiment at Grady under command of the Sturmbannführer Hans Österreich, 2-nd regiment at Stawicz – commander Sturmbannführer Helmuth Gantz, 3-d regiment at Czartoriak – commander Sturmbannführer Wilhelm Mocha and 4-th regiment – commander Sturmbannführer Ernst Schmidt.

The mass killing of Jews in Kiev was decided on by the military governor Major-General Friedrich Eberhardt, the Police Commander for Army Group South (SS-Obergruppenführer Friedrich Jeckeln) and the Einsatzgruppe C Commander Otto Rasch.

Friedrich-Georg Eberhardt (15 January 1892 – 9 September 1964) 2 years detention after the war. Babi Yar.


Willibald Scholz (1889–1971), Neuropathologe und Psychiater???

Each of the three branches of the Wehrmacht maintained its own medical service.

Army Medical Service. The defendant Handloser was the head of the Army Medical Service from 1 January 1941 to 1 September 1944. While in this position he served in two capacities, namely, as Army Medical Inspector and as Army [Heeres] Physician. These positions required the maintenance of two departments, each separate from the other. At one time or another there were subordinated to Handloser in these official capacities the following officers, among others:

Generalarzt Professor Schreiber and Professor Rostock; Oberstabsaerzte Drs. Scholz, Eyer, Bernhard Schmidt and Craemer; Oberstabsaerzte Professor Gutzeit and Professor Wirth; Stabsarzt Professor Kliewe and Professor Killian, and Stabsarzt Dr. Dohmen.

Hans-Christoph Nagel

>Craemer? Killian? and Kurt Blome pages, show how the nazi drs were used by the military to test poisons on prisoners.   Nazi Camp adjutant, witness …but not prosecuted. d. 1964.

Walther Wüst (7 May 1901, Kaiserslautern – 21 March 1993) was a prominent German Orientalist in the first half of the 20th century who became Rector of the University of Munich from 1941 to 1945. He was also a leading Nazi intellectual, and from 1937 the President of the Research Institute of the Ahnenerbe SS. He was a member of the Nazi Party and of the SS and attained the rank of Oberführer. detention, freed.

Erich Traub (1906–1985) was a German veterinarian and scientist/virologist who specialized in foot-and-mouth diseases… Paperclip

Otto Waldmann (born October 2, 1885 in Pforzheim; † March 10, 1955 in Cologne) was a German animal disease researcher and Professor.Life [edit]Waldmann studied medicine and was a member of the RSC Corps Corps Saxo-Thuringia München and Vandalia Königsberg; …During this activity, forest man discovered the vaccine against foot and mouth disease, which was in train disease in the years 1937-1938, used in 1938. 1940 Außerplanmäßiger, Waldmann was Professor at the University of Greifswald.Through his research, Waldmann was for the award of the Nobel Prize in the conversation. Due to the isolation of Germany during the second world war was not to do this, however. Later, he received an honorary doctorate but as recognition for his services.After the war, he worked in the Soviet zone of occupation until 1948 as President of Riemser Institute. Removed despite his extraordinary life’s work as not “systemkonform” from the service, he emigrated to Argentina at the age of 63. In Buenos Aires he became Director of the Departamento de Vacunas of Instituto national de la Fiebre Aftosa.

Under his supervision in either or both of his official capacities were the Military Medical Academy, the Typhus and Virus Institute of the OKH at Cracow [Krakow] and Lemberg [Lvov], and the Medical School for Mountain Troops at St. Johann.

Luftwaffe Medical Service. From the beginning of the war until 1 January 1944 Hippke was Chief of the Medical Service of the Luftwaffe. On that date the defendant Schroeder succeeded Hippke and remained in that position until the end of the war.

Subordinated to Schroeder as Chief of the Medical Service of the Luftwaffe were the following defendants: Rose, who was consulting medical officer on hygiene and tropical medicine; Weltz, who was chief of the Institute for Aviation Medicine in Munich; Becker-Freyseng, a consultant for aviation medicine in Schroeder’s office; Ruff, the chief of the Institute for Aviation Medicine in the German Experimental Institute for Aviation in Berlin; Romberg, Ruff’s chief assistant, who toward the end of the war attained the position of a department head at the Institute; Schaefer, who, in the summer of 1942, was assigned to the staff of the Research Institute for Aviation Medicine in Berlin to do research work on the problem of sea emergency; and Beiglboeck, a Luftwaffe officer who performed medical experiments on concentration camp inmates at Dachau in July 1944 for the purpose of determining the potability of processed sea water.

Under Schroeder’s jurisdiction as Chief of the Luftwaffe Medical Service was the Medical Academy of the Luftwaffe at Berlin.

SS Medical Service. One of the most important branches of the Nazi Party was the Schutzstaffel of the NSDAP, commonly known as the SS. Heinrich Himmler was chief of the SS with the title of Reichsfuehrer SS, and on his personal staff, serving in various and sundry official capacities was the defendant Rudolf Brandt.

The SS maintained its own medical service headed by a certain Dr. Grawitz, who held the position of Reich Physician SS and Police.

Medical Service of the Waffen SS. The SS branch of the Nazi Party, in turn, was divided into several components, of which one of the most important was the Waffen, or Armed, SS. The Waffen SS was formed into military units and fought at the front with units of the Wehrmacht. Such medical units of the Waffen SS as were assigned to the field, became subordinated to the Medical Service of the Army, which was supervised by Handloser.

The Chief of the Waffen SS Medical Service was the defendant Karl Genzken. His immediate superior was Reich Physician SS and Police Grawitz.

Six other defendants in the dock were members of the Medical Service of the SS, under Grawitz, namely; Gebhardt, who in 1940 became surgical adviser to the Waffen SS and who in August 1943 created and took over the position of chief clinical officer of the Reich Physician SS and Police; Mrugowsky, who became Chief of the Hygiene Institute of the Waffen SS under Genzken in November 1940, and when the Institute was taken from Genzken’s supervision on 1 September 1943 and placed under direct subordination to Grawitz, remained as chief; Poppendick, who in 1941 was appointed Chief Physician of the Main Race and Settlement Office in Berlin and who in 1943 also became chief of the personal staff of the Reich Physician SS and Police; Hoven, who from the beginning of 1941 until July 1942, served as the assistant, and from then to September 1943, as chief physician at the Buchenwald concentration camp; Fischer, an assistant physician to the defendant Gebhardt; and finally the defendant Oberheuser, who in December 1940 became a physician at the Ravensbrueck concentration camp, and thereafter, from June 1943 until the end of the war, served as an assistant physician under the defendant Gebhardt at Hohenlychen.

Reorganization of Wehrmacht Medical Service. In 1942 a reorganization of the various medical services of the Wehrmacht was effected. By a Fuehrer decree of 28 July 1942, Handloser became Chief of the Medical Services of the Wehrmacht, while at the same time retaining his position as Chief Physician of the Army and Army Medical Inspector. Under the decree referred to, Handloser was given power and authority to supervise and coordinate “all tasks common to the Medical Services of the Wehrmacht, the Waffen SS and the organizations and units subordinate or attached to the Wehrmacht.” He was also commanded “to represent the Wehrmacht before the civilian authorities in all common medical problems arising in the various branches of the Wehrmacht, the Waffen SS and organizations and units subordinate or attached to the Wehrmacht” and “to protect the interests of the Wehrmacht in all medical measures taken by the civilian authorities.”

Handloser thus became supreme medical leader in the military field, as was Dr Leonard Conti in the civilian health and medical service.

By a subsequent Fuehrer decree of 7 August 1944, Dr Handloser was relieved of his duties as Chief Physician of the Army and Army Medical Inspector, but retained his position as Chief of the Wehrmacht Medical Service.

By the decree of 28 July 1942 pursuant to which Handloser became Chief of the Medical Services of the Wehrmacht, the defendant Karl Brandt became empowered, subordinate only to, and receiving instructions directly from, Hitler “to carry out special tasks and negotiations to readjust the requirements for doctors, hospitals, medical supplies, etc., between the military and the civilian sectors of the Health and Medical Services.” The decree also directed that Brandt “is to be kept informed about the fundamental events in the Medical Service of the Wehrmacht and in the Civilian Health Service” and “is authorized to intervene in a responsible manner.”

A subsequent decree issued 5 September 1943 extended the powers of the defendant Karl Brandt by providing: “The plenipotentiary for the Medical and Health Services * * * is charged with centrally coordinating and directing the problems and activities of the entire Medical and Health Service according to instructions. In this sense this order applies also to the field of medical science and research, as well as to the organizational institutions concerned with the manufacture and distribution of medical material. The plenipotentiary for the Medical and Health services is authorized to appoint and commission special deputies for this sphere of action.”By a later decree of 25 August 1944 Karl Brandt was made Reich Commissioner for Sanitation and Health for the duration of the war; the decree providing: “In this capacity his office ranks as highest Reich Authority” and he is “authorized to issue instructions to the offices and organizations of the State, Party, and Wehrmacht which are concerned with the problems of the medical and health services.”

Thus, by this series of decrees, the defendant Karl Brandt, within this sphere of competence, became the supreme medical authority of the Reich subordinate to no one but Hitler.

Three of the defendants are not physicians.

The first is the defendant Brack who became subordinated to Bouhler at the time the latter was appointed Chief of the Chancellery of the Fuehrer, in 1934, and remained with Bouhler throughout the war.

The second is the defendant Rudolf Brandt who, from the time he joined the staff of Himmler in 933, served for a twelve-year period in varying capacities. At first Rudolf Brandt was a mere clerk in the staff of the Reichsfuehrer SS but by 1936 had risen to chief of the personal staff of Himmler. In 1938 or 1939 he became Himmler’s liaison officer to the Ministry of the Interior and particularly to the Office of the Secretary of the Interior. When Himmler became Minister of the Interior in 1943 Rudolf Brandt became Chief of the Ministerial Office; when Himmler became President of the Ahnenerbe Society, Rudolf Brandt became liaison officer between Himmler and the Reich Secretary of the Ahnenerbe Society, defendant Wolfram Sievers.

The third is the defendant Sievers, who was a member of Himmler’s personal staff and Reich Business Manager of the Ahnenerbe Society from 1 July 1935 until the end of the war.

The Ahnenerbe Society

The Ahnenerbe Society, of which Sievers was Reich Business Manager, was in existence as an independent entity as early as 1933. On 1 July 1935 the Ahnenerbe became duly registered as an organization to conduct or further “research on the locality, mind, deeds and heritage of the Northern race of Indo-Germans and to pass on the results of this research to the people in an interesting manner.” On 1 January 1942 the Society became part of the personal staff of the Reichsfuehrer SS and thereby a section of the SS. Its management was composed of Heinrich Himmler as President, Professor Dr. Wuest, Rector of the University of Munich, as Curator, and the defendant Sievers as Reich Business Manager. Subsequently, during the same year, the Institute of Military Scientific Research was established as a part of the Ahnenerbe. Its purposes are defined in a letter written by Himmler to Sievers, which directed the following with reference to the Ahnenerbe:

“1. To establish an Institute for Military Scientific Research.

“2. To support in every possible way the research carried out by SS Hauptsturmfuehrer Professor Dr. Hirt and to promote all corresponding research and undertakings.

“3. To make available the required apparatus, equipment, accessories and assistants, or to procure them.

“4. To make use of the facilities available in Dachau.

“5. To contact the Chief of the SS Economic and Administrative Main Office with regards to the costs which can be borne by the Waffen SS.”

In its judgment, the International Military Tribunal made the following findings of fact with reference to the Ahnenerbe:

“Also attached to the SS main offices was a research foundation known as the Experiments Ahnenerbe. The scientists attached to this organization are stated to have been mainly honorary members of the SS. During the war an institute for military scientific research became attached to the Ahnenerbe which conducted extensive experiments involving the use of living human beings. An employee of this institute was a certain Dr. Rascher, who conducted these experiments with the full knowledge of the Ahnenerbe, which were subsidized and under the patronage of the Reichsfuehrer SS who was a trustee of the foundation” [Trial of the Major War Criminals, vol. I, p. 269, Nuernberg, 1947.].

We shall now discuss the evidence as it pertains to the cases of the individual defendants.

The evidence conclusively shows that the German word “Fleckfieber” which is translated in the indictment as “spotted fever” is more correctly translated by “typhus.” This is admitted, and in this judgment, in accord with the evidence, we use the word typhus instead of “spotted fever.”


Helmut Rühl (born in Hachenburg on January 14, 1918) was a German physician and physician of the air force, who was involved in at the time of the Nazi medical crimes.]Rühl finished his school career in Kassel in 1937 with graduating. Afterwards, he was employed for six months in the Reichsarbeitsdienst (RAD) and served his military service for 18 months. From spring 1939 Rühl studied medicine at the universities of Bonn, Jena and Marburg, the he at the University of Strasbourg in June 1943 with doctorate Dr. med. graduated from. Afterwards, he performed military service in the air force from August 1943 until January 1944 as a doctor.[1]Rühl was an Assistant at the biological Department of the Research Institute of the medical faculty in Strasbourg during his Ph.d. Advisor was Otto Bickenbach from January 21, 1944.[1] Ruehl assisted in the summer of 1944 and the physician Frederick Bickenbach LETZ at its poison gas experiments on inmates of the concentration camp Natzweiler-Struthof. For at least 16 prisoners in a gas chamber at Natzweiler concentration camp were exposed the toxic gas, of which at least four prisoners died from the consequences of these tests. Rae task was among others during the attempts to measure the steadily increased concentration of the gas in the 20 m3 large gas chamber.[2]After the end of the second world war, Ruehl was 1946 in Bochum city doctor. A year later Ruehl was taken rights in British. Before the extradition to France, Rühl 1948 could escape from the detention facility.[3] Rühl was sentenced finally in France in absentia for “Poison provision” to death.[4] In the person of the Rhein-Sieg district, Rühl was discontinued at the beginning of the 1960s as medical officer and retired there as senior Medizinaldirektor in January 1983.[5]

Frederich Letz Bickenbach.. mentioned above

the meantime instituted preliminary proceedings against Rühl was discontinued on the part of the Prosecutor’s Office in Bochum and again launched in February 1980 as a result of a criminal complaint against Rühl. In the framework of the investigations also files from French stocks were used. Rühl admitted his involvement in poison gas experiments in the preparatory proceedings – however his unknown was at the time of the performance, that the prisoners were not protected.[4] The proceedings against Rühl was discontinued due to inability to negotiate by 1984.[5]

From 1940 to 1945, the Quandt family factories were staffed with more than 50,000 forced civilian laborers, prisoners of war and concentration camp workers, according to Scholtyseck’s 1,183-page study. The report was commissioned by the family in 2007 after German television aired the documentary The Silence of the Quandts, a critical look at their wartime activities. NEW:

Hermann Schaper. b. 1911, died 2000?  was charged in 1964 with personally directing the Einsatzkommando responsible for the mass killing of Jews in the city. Two witnesses from Israel – Chaja Finkelstein from Radziłów and Izchak Feler from Tykocin – recognized Hermann Schaper from photographs as the one responsible also for the pogrom in Radziłów on 7 July 1941, as well as the pogrom in Tykocin of 25 August 1941. The methods used by Schaper’s death squad in these massacres were identical to those employed in Jedwabne (a few kilometers distance) only three days later. Schaper denied the charges, and the Germans found the evidence insufficient to prosecute him at that time. He lied to interrogators that in 1941 he had been a truck driver and used false names. Legal proceedings against him were terminated on 2 September 1965 despite his positive identification.[3][4]   During the subsequent investigation, Count van der Groeben confirmed that it was indeed Hermann Schaper who conducted mass executions of Jews in his district. Schaper’s case was reopened in 1974. In 1976, a German court in Giessen (Hessen) pronounced Schaper guilty of executions of Poles and Jews by the kommando SS Zichenau-Schroettersburg. Schaper was sentenced to six-years imprisonment, but was soon released for medical reasons.[3][4] He died of old age in his nineties. According to statement received by the Polish IPN from German prosecution, the documentation of his trial is no longer available and, it has most likely been destroyed after the case was terminated.[5]

2 of 2 ;end



Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: